10 Questions with Richard Morin

Richard is a bon vivant who enjoys motivating and inspiring others to achieve all they can in what is, their lives. He uses his extensive experience, material from his book entitled "YOU Working With YOU" and his optimistic view of life to spark others to greater action. Richard has a lot to share, give him a microphone and stand back.

Why are you passionate about the topic you speak about?

Because we only have one life, and with it comes a responsibility to do the best we can with what we have. I see others -even me sometimes- procrastinating and simply burning up the clock doing ... nothing, in part due to a lack of confidence, goals, and a plan for what is, their life and I know I can help them. The proviso of course is that they need to be coachable.

What is the best advice you have ever received as an expert, speaker or coach?

Be honest and forthright, apply your energy into all that you do, especially when on stage, addressing a group or simply coaching one on one. If your message is important and valid, then make it so.

Who do you admire and why?

Those who have stepped up and maximized on their lives by overcoming all manner of obstacle and limitation, creating a life of their choosing through their focus and effort. I could name all kinds of rich people in the media, and I read many biographies that define the path some of these people took, but that said, there are people that you know, people on your street that are shining examples of what a life can be. My Mom and Dad, Warren Buffett, Cecile Richards, Amanda Lang, Tom Petty, Phil Knight, Barack Obama, Willie Nelson, Jewel, and many, many more.


What is one piece of advice you could share with our readers to uplift them in life/career?

Be honest with yourself in an objective way. Instead of looking in the mirror which might show 5% of the real you -and where you spend way too much time-, get to work on the other 95%. Work with your shortages, overcome your fears and phobias, learn what you need to know in order to get where you want to go, develop your confidence, and have fun!!! This is not a dress rehearsal, the time is nownownownowNOW!!

What is your favorite book?

Wherever You Go, There You Are by Joh Kabat-Zinn.

What do you do to relax?

Play guitar, ride my bicycle, work out, play cards with my bride, cook

What are some of the challenges you face as a speaker, expert or coach and how do you overcome those?

The biggest challenge for a speaker is to accept that some people are simply NOT going to like you or your material. The saying "when the student is ready, the teacher will appear" holds true, and some are ready and some are not. Overcome? Just put on your best presentation with the most energy you can muster and let the chips fall where they may.

How do you see the world of coaching and speaking evolve over the next 5 years?

More on-line material, allowing for shared experiences through social connections like what Ingomu is creating. This coupled with questions and lessons that challenge the student to step up and incorporate the ideas in a way only they can.

What technology can't you live without?

The Internet.

See Richard Morin's online courses:
Your success in sales and life is all about YOU working with YOU
Building Success Through Recruiting With The Help Of Hiring Assessments

Connect with Richard Morin:
Website
LinkedIn
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram

Our 10 Questions is a written interview with experts, coaches, storytellers and thought leaders sharing their thoughts and experiences. We invite you to submit your answers here.